Alonso Family Vineyards
A brief history of Alonso Family Vineyards
Out of desire to relive his childhood, Juan planted 50 grapevines in 1995 against the advise of people who knew better. Every year thereafter, he kept planting more. Perhaps he started the wine rush in Agua Dulce area! The vineyards are located vicinity Le Chene Restaurant and along Sierra Highway next to the Sierra Pelona Motel.
We grow grenache, sirah, tempranillo, cabernet sauvignon, merlot, alvarino and many other varietals. You can enjoy the wines here at Le Chene.
The weather in Mint Canyon is warm during the day but at night we still have a breeze coming up through the canyon where it creates a difference in temperatures. Today, our 6 plus acres right here in Santa Clarita are doing well.
We offer our wines for sale at:
Le Chene French Cuisine
12625 Sierra Hwy.
Santa Clarita, CA 91390
Le Chene Maitre’ D Michel with Owner and Head Chef, Juan Alonso, offering a toast with our wine
A Few Of Our Wine Labels
The latest of our most delicious wines, grown close to the Le Chene restaurant by owner, Juan Alonso. They include:
- Felix Sirah 2010 @ $20.00 per bottle or $160.00 per case
- Don Juan Cab-Merlot Blend 2010 at $25.00 per bottle or $264.00 per case
- Claudia Grenache 2010 at $20.00 per bottle or $160.00 per case
- Juan’s Red 2010 at $20.00 per bottle or $160.00 per case
- Adrian Tanat 2010 at $25.00 per bottle or $264.00 per case
- Stephen Hemmert Zinfandel 2010 at $20 per bottle or $175 per case
All of these wines are made by us in small quantities from our own vineyards and made by us at the Reyes Winery in Agua Dulce. You can taste them here at Le Chene and you can also purchase them at Le Chene only. If needed, we can ship to you where shipping is allowed.
To your health or shall we say, Santé!